Worthington 7th Grade Baseball Information
5:30 to 7pm on Sunday, February 24th and Sunday, March 3rd. Will be held in the Thomas Worthington High School Aux Gym.
There is no longer a 7th Grade Wolves team. The 8th grade team at McCord will also include 7th graders. If you son is in 7th grade and is interested, please contact the Athletic Director at McCord Middle School.
- Worthington 7th grade school baseball is a Worthington Youth Boosters program. The Varsity coaches at the respective high schools are driving the philosophy and fundamentals that will be taught in this program to better prepare players for the next level.
- Worthington Schools does not recognize 7th grade baseball as an official middle school sport. Therefore there is no school-provided transportation for games or practices.
- Roster size is a maximum of 15 players per team.
- Teams begin practice in March (indoor or outdoor weather depending on weather).
- You should expect 3-4 practices a week during March. Practice time on weekdays is determined by the coach’s schedule, but generally begins at 4:30 or 5:00 p.m.
- Games begin April 8th. Currently the last game is scheduled for May 10th. 14 games are scheduled. Most games that are rained out are not re-scheduled.
- Games normally are played on weekdays with a 5:00 p.m. start time. Players are expected to arrive by 4:15 p.m. for home games. There may be an occasional Saturday game.
- Kilbourne Team (McCord) plays home games at Snouffer Park next to Perry Middle School. Thomas Worthington team (Kilbourne/Worthingway) play home games at McCord Park on E. Wilson Bridge Rd.
- Rules conform to Ohio Capitol Conference High School regulations (players must use minus-3 bats, which means the difference between the bat length and its weight is –3).
- Participation Fee is estimated at $155 and is paid after rosters are announced. This amount will be confirmed prior to tryouts.
- The participation fee does not include baseball pants (gray), spikes, baseball glove or other such items. Hat, jerseys and socks are provided. The jersey must be turned in immediately after the last game.
- Tryouts for the respective teams are as follows: (please arrive 15 minutes early to register)
Sunday, 3/3 5:00 to 7:00PM @ Kilbourne High AUX gym
Sunday, 2/24 5:30-7pm @ TWHS Aux Gym
Sunday, 3/3 5:30-7pm @ TWHS Aux Gym
Participation form is HERE